Do you know about Wet Riser system using in Firefighting?
Wet Riser System
- The Wet riser system providing for residential building should require the following features:
- The Wet riser generally designed for zonal distribution of water required as per the height of the building.
- The first riser up to 60 m height should be 100 mm diameter.
- The second riser up to a 100m height of 150 mm diameter.
- The third riser up to 150 m height of 150 cm diameter.
- These risers are connected to separate fire pumps provided for this purpose in the building concerned.
- A wet riser required to be provided near the enclosure staircase.
- The pipe system shall make approved and quality by the competent authority.
The typical Wet riser system is shown in the figure shown below: